A New Learning Community

My colleague, Laura, and I have organized a new learning community at our school.  We want to help other teachers as they learn to integrate technology into their daily lessons and we also want to support each other as we try out new lessons using the student response systems we recently acquired.   We plan to meet twice per month.  For half an hour we will share things that we have tried in our classrooms and then for the other half hour we will help teachers as they try to find ways to adapt the techniques to their own lessons.  We have had one planning meeting and one meeting at which we focused on using SMART Notebook software.  We created a wiki, mmsti.wikispace.com, which stands for Milford Middle School Technology Integrators.  I stole that idea from the Keystone Technology Integrators, KTI, a group that got me started on the path of teaching and leading with technology.  We will post our meeting notes and ideas on the wiki as a resource bank for everyone to use after the meetings.  Would anyone be interested in joining our meetings via Skype or sharing in discussions on the wiki?  I could use the practice connecting and it would be a great way to make a small local community into a larger global community!  On Wednesday at 2:30 PM (EST) we will meet to teach some specifics about creating lessons with SMART Notebook software.