Smithsonian Ask The Experts Conference

The students and I participated today in an online conference with the Smithsonian Institution where we helped problem solve with the experts! We listened to three talks about very different topics relating to our understanding of the American experience. The kids did a great job asking questions, responding to the moderator’s questions, and taking notes on Cover It Live. Before the webinar I think some students questioned why they would want to take on the task of doing something that wasn’t required, just extra learning. I believe that the most important lesson learned today was that learning and participating can be rewards in themselves. We all left the experience pumped up and excited to tell others about what we had learned and done. When we challenge ourselves with new experiences our mind grow stronger. We leave with so many new questions and ideas and our world becomes that much more interesting. We have a few more sessions to attend tomorrow and I’m greatful for the chance to participate with another group of students. http://www.smithsonianconference.org/expert/program/